Articles > Indian Copyright Act
indian copyright act
Gazette notified by Government of India on 14 March, 2013
Sneak Peek into the article
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(Department of Higher Education)
New Delhi, the 14th March, 2013
G. S. R. 172 (E) – In exercise of the powers conferred by section 78 of the Copyright Act, 1957, and in supersession of the Copyright rules, 1958, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following Rules, namely:
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
(1) These rules may be called the Copyright Rules, 2013.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
(1) In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires
(a) “Act” means the Copyright Act, 1957 (14 of 1957)
(b) “Board” means a Copyright Board as defined in sub-section (1) of section 11;
(c) “Copyright Business” means the business of issuing or granting license in respect of a right or set of rights in specific acts in respect of a work or any substantial part thereof referred to in section 14 and includes the functions referred to in sub-section (3) of section 34:
(d) “Form” means a Form set out in the First schedule
(e) “Schedule” means a Schedule to these rules; and
(f) “Section” means a Section of the Act
(2) Word and expressions used herein but not defined in the Copyright Act, 1957, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in that Act.
Page 1 of 5
Emblem of India